What tests should be done during the seventh month of pregnancy?

Could you please let me know what all tests to be taken during 7th month of pregnancy (30-31 week) ?
Blood and urine test was done during 3rd month.
In 6th month, it was found that her hemoglobin level was low.

Anything to be tested now during 7th month?

Thanks and br, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 34 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

It sounds like you had labs at about 28 weeks. These usually include blood counts and a screen for diabetes in pregnancy. The blood counts are mostly lookly at hemoblobin levels to assess for anemia.

The standard of care might be different in India than it is in the US, but here is what you typically might have done from this point untill the end of pregnancy:

1. Weekly visits after 34-36 weeks
2. Screen of your urine for glucose and protein at each visit
3. Screen of your blood pressure at every visit
4. A screen for a bacteria called "group B strep" at about 36 weeks (this is usually a swab from the skin on your bottom)
5. In your case, a repeat blood count at about 37 weeks or when you show up in labor.
6. If there is a concern about the babies growth based on your level of anemia and / or fundal height measurements, an ultrasound to check growth.

I hope this helps. Good luck!! - DR XXXXXXX