What symptoms should be observed after a head injury?

My two and half daughter was just running into the bathroom, and as my voice echoed don't run, she slipped and head butted the bathtub. She looks like a unicorn with a big purple bump on her forehead. I used to box in my youth, so I iced it, and have my wife sitting with a bag of peas on the bump. Her pupils are not dilated, and she is very coherent , no sleepiness, or drowsiness....What other things should I be looking for?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Watch for symptoms of contusion. Detailed Answer: Hello, You need to watch for symptoms of contusion- vomiting, nausea, slurred speech, irrelevant talk, delay in understanding your words, loss of appetite, non-playful, neck pain, headache, unable to be in sunlight, incoordination, unable to perform routine activity, ear or nose bleed etc. Do maintain a high suspicion till 48 hours.Be around her most of the time.Check on her even when she is sleeping.If there are non of these symptoms , then no need to worry. Hope this helps.Regards.