What symptoms should be observed after a head injury?
User rating for this question
My two and half daughter was just running into the bathroom, and as my voice echoed don't run, she slipped and head butted the bathtub. She looks like a unicorn with a big purple bump on her forehead. I used to box in my youth, so I iced it, and have my wife sitting with a bag of peas on the bump. Her pupils are not dilated, and she is very coherent , no sleepiness, or drowsiness....What other things should I be looking for?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Watch for symptoms of contusion. Detailed Answer: Hello, You need to watch for symptoms of contusion- vomiting, nausea, slurred speech, irrelevant talk, delay in understanding your words, loss of appetite, non-playful, neck pain, headache, unable to be in sunlight, incoordination, unable to perform routine activity, ear or nose bleed etc. Do maintain a high suspicion till 48 hours.Be around her most of the time.Check on her even when she is sleeping.If there are non of these symptoms , then no need to worry. Hope this helps.Regards.
People also viewed
- Green colour growth under skin
- Why glans is white in colour
- What should be done after head injury
- Head injury delayed symptoms
- Foreskin loss of colour
- Head injury signs and symptoms
- Flesh coloured lump stalk hard labia majora
- What symptoms should be observed after a head injury
- Baby head injury symptoms
- Feels like my anus is leaking fluid
- Rumbling feeling in anus
- Colostomy a patients perspective recovery
- A strange feeling vagina to anus
- Tickly feeling in anus
- Throbbing feeling in anus