What symptoms should be observed after a head injury?
User rating for this question
My two and half daughter was just running into the bathroom, and as my voice echoed don't run, she slipped and head butted the bathtub. She looks like a unicorn with a big purple bump on her forehead. I used to box in my youth, so I iced it, and have my wife sitting with a bag of peas on the bump. Her pupils are not dilated, and she is very coherent , no sleepiness, or drowsiness....What other things should I be looking for?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Watch for symptoms of contusion. Detailed Answer: Hello, You need to watch for symptoms of contusion- vomiting, nausea, slurred speech, irrelevant talk, delay in understanding your words, loss of appetite, non-playful, neck pain, headache, unable to be in sunlight, incoordination, unable to perform routine activity, ear or nose bleed etc. Do maintain a high suspicion till 48 hours.Be around her most of the time.Check on her even when she is sleeping.If there are non of these symptoms , then no need to worry. Hope this helps.Regards.
People also viewed
- Home remedies for granular pharyngitis
- Inflammde intestinal wall giardia
- Acid drug health effects
- Green poo proton pump inhibitors
- What should be done after head injury
- Head injury delayed symptoms
- Cephalosporins mtt side chain
- Blood test for b12
- Head injury signs and symptoms
- Herbalife and myasthenia gravis
- Undigested white rice grain in stool
- What symptoms should be observed after a head injury
- Baby head injury symptoms
- Drug prevention and treatment
- Steroid injection in spine