What supplement should i take to increase my height?

Question
I'm 18, 5foot 7in, I'm trying to to grow some where from 2-4 inches extra. My brother is a year younger and beats me by an inch, he eat ALOT though. What would you recommend I do, ad supplements. I just want these extra inches.
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Although the rate of growth slows down as you grow but it is still possible to to gain few inches at the age of 18.
This can be achieved by proper exercises,proper nourishment and proper and adequate rest.

Do simple exercises like rope  hanging from a bar and stretching the body by standing on your toes on a daily basis as a routine. Not only can these steps help to grow taller, but they are also good for overall fitness.
Do regular running and try taking your meals in small quantities 5 to 6 times a day instead of conventional 3 meals a day.This helps in more release of human growth hormone.
Doing yoga regularly helps a lot.Some of the posture correcting steps can be done.
A very important point is to have proper rest and good sleep.your body needs time to grow and expand.
Take lot of water and dairy products.
Take a proper well nourishing diet comprising of calcium,zinc,proteins,vitamins,essential fatty acids,carbohydrates and fiber and proper amounts of VIT D.
Make sure that you eat at proper times and not miss your meals.
Maintain your weight well.
Avoid sugary food,fatty food and alcohol.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: What supplement should i take to increase my height? 4 hours later
I hear males stop growing at 21. Do u recommend and supplements, like growth XXXXXXX plus.?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 42 minutes later
Males do stop growing after the age of 21 years.
You may use growthmax plus as a supplement.This is being widely used and is free of side effects.But you must do your regular exercises as I suggested above.
Thanks

Follow-up: What supplement should i take to increase my height? 5 hours later
You think I can hit 6feet?tell me things that will do the opposit and keep me short. Help me please.

Is there a way to get a Growth spurts happen to me??

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
It is possible to add couple of inches but to think of adding 5 to 6 inches look far fetched.
Nothing can make you shorter except bad postures which may make you look shorter by few inches.
Thanks

Follow-up: What supplement should i take to increase my height? 12 minutes later
Can you please give me more way to grow and vitamins,minerals,supplements,workouts, I can do to grow ASAP. I just turnd 18 4months ago.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 48 minutes later
Hello
There is no other way to grow naturally except workouts and diet.
Thanks

Follow-up: What supplement should i take to increase my height? 31 minutes later
Growth spurts? How I help one happen to me?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
With surges of testosterone in boys, puberty triggers a variety of physical changes that lead to sexual maturity.  While growth spurts may occur before, during or after puberty, most puberty-related growth spurts occur in the early-to-mid teenage years. Although the growth of girls tends to slow down by the age of 14, the average teenage boy will continue growing rapidly until the age of 16.
As advised above,take care of your exercises,diet and proper sleep.
Thanks

Follow-up: What supplement should i take to increase my height? 13 hours later
Every time I take XXXXXXX breaths in I hear cracks in my back.

If there is no associated pain,there is nothing to worry.
It shall go away of it's own.
Thanks

Follow-up: What supplement should i take to increase my height? 26 hours later
Yea I do really feel pain but I way crack my back like every 20min.like nothing.
Would drinking milk help my growth, I'm just 18,

This pain could be due to over exercise.
Local hot fomentation should help you out as it is nothing serious or problematic.
Milk is very good for you as it a very important source of calcium.
Thanks