What specilaist doctor should I see for lipoma treatment?
User rating for this question
I was diagnosed with a lipoma. Which specialist should I see to have it excised? A Plastic Surgeon or a Dermatologis?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult qualified General Surgeon. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been diagnosed to have Lipoma .You have not mentioned the site and size of the Lipoma in your query. Normally as a routine Lipomas are excised by a General Surgeon except in a special situation for cosmetic reasons by a plastic surgeon when it is on the face or too big and require wide excision of the surrounding area and needs rotation of skin flap to have a linear and fine scar Dermatologist has no role to play in surgery of excision of Lipoma. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What specilaist doctor should I see for lipoma treatment? 18 hours later
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
People also viewed
- What specilaist doctor should i see for lipoma treatment
- Skin specialist for lipoma treatment
- Diagnosis of primary atypical pneumonia
- Unani lipoma treatment
- Coughing and pain between shoulder blades
- Diagnosis of post-viral fatigue
- Black spot in between toes
- Black skin in between toes
- Lipoma treatment
- Diagnosis of polyneuritis
- Pain between shoulder blades on movement
- Diagnosis of pyonephrosis
- Lipoma treatment deficiencies
- Palpitations gurgling pain in between shoulder blades
- Diagnosis of intrinsic factor deficiency