What side effects does Durlex inhaler have? Can it make it hard to sleep?

What side effects does durlex inhaler have? Can it make it hard to sleep due to the steriod?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Inhaled therapy is the cornerstone for management of airway disorders like asthma.

2. Inhaled steroids, very rarely show the systemic side effects due to the negligible dose of steroids in them (in micro grams!). And inhaled route has very less systemic absorption.

3. The precaution that needs to be taken is to rinse your mouth after every dose of inhaler (to prevent the local side effects like oral thrush).

4. Systemic steroids do affect the sleep, but not steroids in inhalers.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra