What should i do to stop my urge to do harmful things?

hi i am pravat,age 25,height 5 3",weight 65...i have a very uncanny urge of doing things which i shouldnot do,like:jumping from heights(say fear from heights),sexual attraction to ladies to the extent that i feel like attacking any one even in college or a bus...i am healthy and have no any other health problems apart from this...i am having a really tough time because of this problem...3 years ago i took nexito 10mg and stemetil for 5 months after consulting a psychiatrist and i felt okay,but now again i am having the same problem...what should i do?should i continue those drugs or you have any other suggestions(drugs)?i also want to know more about my illness or is it just some kind of depression?please help me
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later
Hi Pravat,

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1.) Do you have any kind of Anxiety or stress?
2.) Do you feel like keeping things Orderly in and around your place?

Your History suggests you have OCD) which is a anxiety disorder.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Psychiatrist, so that he/she may examine you and rule out OCD by ordering few tests like,
1.) Complete Blood Count (CBC)
2.) Urinalysis
3.) Psychological Evaluation

Once confirmed, you will require medications and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Follow these Lifestyle Medications:
1.) If you masturbate, do it twice or thrice weekly, only when you are sexually aroused, this will keep your sexual urges under control
2.) Avoid stress, Practice relaxation techniques like yoga and Meditation
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Avoid high calorie foods
5.) Avoid smoking, alcoholism, Illegal drugs
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up
7.) Learn more about this conditions as this will help you understand your condition better and also to stick to your treatment plan.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.