What should i do to get pregnant by Intra Uterine Insemination successfully?

Question
i am 4 dpiui and have undergone iui four times unsuccessfully. what can i do differently this time to get pregnant
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

You have already had Intra uterine insemination 4 days ago. Ovulation and fertilization would have occurred by now.

If this attempt is successful then you should expect implantation of the fertilized ovum in your uterus in next 2-3 days.

You should be careful not to do any heavy work, take adequate rest, avoid cough and constipation and avoid indulging in sex.

Remain relaxed , practice XXXXXXX breathing exercises.

You need not be disheartened regarding the previous three failed cycles.

Even with the best of efforts and ovulation, the successful rate of pregnancy is 16-18% per cycle. So, you need not be hopeless.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: What should i do to get pregnant by Intra Uterine Insemination successfully? 1 hour later
dear doc,
if a do a pregnancy test in next two days will i get to know the result. what is the diet you recommend? i am not hopeless, but kind of anxious. everyone in my family are well settled with lovely children,except me. There is nothing to look forward to in my life, if this attempt doesnt work.

Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again.

Do not be disheartened. Be hopeful. These things do take some time.

Pregnancy test will not come positive so early.

You can get your serum HCG levels tested after 5-7 days and rising titers will be helpful in confirming the pregnancy.

You can take light easy to digest diet low in oils and spices to avoid any abdominal discomfort.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Regards.