What should i do for tingling sensation on my foot ?

Hi, have tingling in one or the other foot, only happens when i'am off my feet,take lyrica 600mg a day no help,tough to get to sleep, my Dr. says no cure.----what kind of Dr.should I go too.?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow up with the neurologist... Detailed Answer: Hi, Tingling of foot is a classical symptom of peripheral neuropathy. I hope your neurologist has evaluated the causes of peripheral neuropathy. If not, you should perhaps discuss with him about it. Lyrica is a very good drug in managing neuropathy and I see you are on maximum dose. If that hasn't helped you, your doctors should add / replace other drugs. Carbamazepine and clonazepam are two drugs that come to my mind as they are also effective against restless-legs. Alternatively you can also explore alternative medicines - ayurveda, homeopathy and wholistic medicine. As neuropathy can become chronic, alternative therapies may help you discover new measures. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards