What should be the sleep pattern while having ADHD?

Pediatrician
Question
sleep pattern i need help im 20 yr old got adhd vonteer at a shop just had 15 hr sleep feeling very warn down still
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Sleep pattern of an individual can vary and depends on the level of physical acitivity. Your volunteer may be feeling warn down even after 15 hours of sleep in case she is has some associated problems or had some recent illness.

I suggest that you let the volunteer sleep till the person feels better and observe.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifcations or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your volunteer all the best.

RKK

Follow-up: What should be the sleep pattern while having ADHD? 3 hours later
hello iv got a new questoon iv got a 3 yr old little gotl who is havimg a a second set of teeth wont eat ude potty ect please wot can i do

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 30 minutes later

Thank you for the second query.

Children can have mood swings and may not accept food. I suggest that you offer your child food at regular intervals and if the food in not accepted then do not force the child to have it. Remove the plate and re-offer after 2-3 hours. Once the child is hungry it will accept it.

If your child is having loose motions then get the stools examined and arrange for appropriate medication. Ensure that the child is properly hydrated by giving buttermilk, lemonade and coconut water.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your child an early recovery.

RKK