What should be given to a child for vomiting after taking emeset?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi Doctor, Yesterday my baby, 2 years old, started vomiting any intake that she had. My pediatrician asked us to administer emeset-2mg syrup 4ml. After one dosage, the vomiting stopped for that timely intake. But again after 3 hrs when she was given little water, she vomitted the water intake. So, the doctor gave her an injection of emeset 1mg. After that, she slept in next 15 mins and had breast fed milk only after 7 hours. Is there any issue that she did not have anything after the injection? I am concerned. Please respond! Today she is going slight loose motion once every 2 hours or so and for that my pediatrician has advised to administer darolacZ. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Most of the vomiting and loose stools in this age group is viral. It usually takes 3 to 5 days for the illness to settle. If your baby had slept for 7 hours after emeset without any food , it's ok. Make sure you continue the medicines you are currently on. Most important is ORS which is available as drink nowadays example ORS L . You need to give 100 ml ORS for each vomit or loose stool. Make sure she passes urine atleast 6 times a day. It should settle soon. Regards. Dr Arun
Follow-up: What should be given to a child for vomiting after taking emeset? 20 minutes later
We gave her adequate water and my wife was breast feeding her. In some time, she woke up, breaking the breast feed and passed out severe loose motion which was stinking. this happened after 30 mins of first dosage of DarolacZ. Now, since morning whatever liquid we had given has gone only as loose stool and not as urine. We are not sure if she passed urine in the morning as we had diaper in the night and early morning found semisolid stool this morning which did not show any symptom of loose motion. Now after passing watery loose motion, she is sleeping out of tiredness. We have made hot water with sugar/salt to give her once she wakes up. Any suggestions? I have just asked our pediatrician, if we could visit him later today.
Answered by Dr. Arun 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Give ors not salt sugar water Detailed Answer: 1) Give ors not sugar salt water You need to get the correct concentration to help in diarrhoea. 2) If urine output is less, your baby may need iv fluids , which needs to confirmed by clinical examination for dehydration. 3) continue breast feeds Regards
Follow-up: What should be given to a child for vomiting after taking emeset? 9 minutes later
What ORS could be suggested for 2 year old baby? Please let me know the name of the ORS and dosage. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Previous answer Detailed Answer: Ors L or rebalanz or electral . 100ml per motion.