What should be done incase of consistent low body temprature with heart palpitations?

consistent low body temp (96.4 digital thermometer) painful joints, numbness fingertips, abnormal heart rhythm (fast to slow, no pvc) dizziness, fatigue, cool tongue
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more details for an opinion Detailed Answer: Hi, What is your age, gender and do you have any medical conditions like blood pressure, thyroid, heart disease diabetes? Please mention if any other. If you do not have any medical problem and normal young individual I humbly say to you that 96.4 degree F is not low temperature. The other symptoms you mentioned here are all related to peripheral constriction (narrowing of the blood vessels) due to low climatic temperature. In such a case the heart tries to beat fast and supply more blood to the body parts. I think you need rest well and to cover your whole body very well and tightly so that you sweat first. You need to rub the arms well to produce heat. Keep sipping warm fluids like soup. If you have any medical condition that I mentioned above you should see a local doctor for evaluation. Hope this is useful.
Follow-up: What should be done incase of consistent low body temprature with heart palpitations? 12 minutes later
25 y/o male. .no known health conditions other than asthma and anxiety disorder
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: use inhaler Detailed Answer: Thank you If you are breathless you can use inhalers for the asthma. If it is moderate to severe breathlessness you can visit a local doctor. Since you have an anxiety disorder there can be a false sense of illness even though you are perfectly well. Try to relax and get some sleep now. You should do what I said in my previous reply.