What should be done in case of heaviness in heart and fatigue?

Hi My father (age 76yrs) who is been complaining of tiredness and feeling heavy in heart went for general checkup and they came up with the report which is saying fair LV function . Can you please advice us on his condition and further steps ? Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Other cardiac exams are needed... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concern. The Echo results show a normal heart so heart failure is excluded as a possible diagnosis. But further exams are needed to exclude other cardiac disease. So i suggest to do the following cardiac exams: - Holter monitoring - Stress Echo - Coronary CT-scan angiography. Meanwhile i recommend to keep going with the medications you're taking. Hope i answered to your query. Dr. Benard
Follow-up: What should be done in case of heaviness in heart and fatigue? 22 minutes later
Thank you Mr. Benard for your reply. Doctor who diagnosed my father is suggesting to go for Coronary Angiogram with out doing any prior tests like Holter monitoring and Stress Echo, so do you think going for angiogram test directly is advisable? as my father is little nervous on this . Thank you very much for your help.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please attache the EKG&other test results of your father... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for following up. I have suggested to do Holter monitoring, stress test and coronary CT angiography as they are non-invasive and do carry lower mortality rate as compared to angiography. I'd advise to talk to his doctor again about the risks of each tests and to start performing the non-invasive tests first. If anything noticed, then, should run invasive tests such as angiography. At the end, I'd kindly ask to upload the EKG and other tests that your father has done to assist you further! Thank you! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What should be done in case of heaviness in heart and fatigue? 30 minutes later
Thank you Mr.Benard for your quick reply on this. I have attached ECG report to this query for your analysis. Thank you again for your advice.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Discuss with doc to do noninvasive test first... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in the requested reports. I have looked at the EKG of your father and I am convinced that the best thing to do is to run Holter monitoring together with Stress Test and Coronary CT angiography first. Once again, if and only if anything will be noticed, then, he should go for coronary angiography. Please discuss this with his cardiologist. Take care! Dr.Benard