What should be done for withdrawal bleeding due to effect of contraceptive pill?

I have doing sex in 6th day of my periods which is unprotected. Then on 7th day I took unwanted72. Bt yesterday night means on 12th, there is mild bleeding with a lot of pain in my stomuch nd it is continued in morning too. So what will I do to stop this. Plz give me some suggestion
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that Unwanted 72 contains levonorgestrel containing emergency pill. What you are experiencing is withdrawal bleeding due to effect of the pill. It is quite common & normal phenomenon following taking the emergency pill. It generally occurs within 7 days of taking pill and lasts for next 3-5 days . Bleeding generally stops automatically & no treatment is necessary for that. But if bleeding turns heavy I will advise you to see a gynecologist because then patient needs to be assessed and regular tests like CBC needs to be done . Tranxemic acid can be used for bleeding stoppage but if the gynecologist feels so. Take care. Dr. Shruti