What should be done for varicose veins?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
one of d doctors has diagnosed me wid varicose veins but the reports are normal. can you please tell me my next step?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please clarify some details to make comments Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been diagnosed to have Varicose veins by one of the doctors . I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Please mention the site of varicose veins whether on legs or genital ?. 2) Please post the reports of the tests that you have undergone . I shall make comments after getting feedback from you . Thanks and regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What should be done for varicose veins? 44 minutes later
thanks gor the prompt reply. I was diagnosed with varicose veins for both limbs. I had undergone venous doppler test for both limbs. please let me know if any thing else is required.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult cqualified general surgeon . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that though you have been diagnosed to have varicose veins in both the legs you have prominent veins in legs and not the varicose veins. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Varicose veins are dilated and tortuous veins .Do you have varicosity of superficial veins of legs or these veins are just more prominent than normal ? 2) Do these vein become more prominent on standing and get emptied in lying down position? 3) Do you get pain in legs on walking or standing for a long time? 4) Does your work require you to stand for a long time? Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination in majority of patients Varicose veins are diagnosed on clinical examination and colour Doppler study of legs. Since yo have already done colour Doppler study of both the limbs which is reported to be normal you do not need any more further study. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.