What should be done for throat infection,cold cough and body itching after having sex?

Nephrologist
Question
I have throat infection cold cough and itching full body after sex with my gf.. Please tell me what to do
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Viral infection Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from a viral infection, need not be directly related to the sexual activity with your girl friend. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Tab Levocetrizine once a day at night for 7 days will help you bring down the symptoms of cough, cold and the itching of the body 2. Gargle your throat three times a day with betadine gargles ( please make sure you do not swallow the solution 3. Steam inhalations will help you with the cold 4. If the itching very bad then please apply calamine lotion over the itchy areas to bring down the symptoms If you develop fever please approach a GP for blood tests and antibioitcs. I Hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards

Follow-up: What should be done for throat infection,cold cough and body itching after having sex? 3 minutes later
Shuld i check for std?? Its been a week after i had sex.. Cough and throat pain started from the second day and itching after 3 or 4 days

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply The fact that the cough and throat pain started after second day of sex goes against the favor of it being an STD as the incubation period for an STD ( time period for infection to show symptoms) is longer than that. It looks like a regular upper respiratory tract infection. Please follow my suggestions given to you in my earlier post. I wish you good health Regards