What should be done for pregnancy in a rudimentary horn?

Mar 2013
Hi, i am 29 years old and 8 weeks pregnant. i had first baby 7 years back and discharge summary tells that i have bicornuate uterus and the baby is in left horn. Right is rudimentary. Attaching discharge summary for your review. I have some complications then, like bed rest and stitches to uterus in 4th month. Now i am 8 weeks pregnant and baby is in right horn this time...will i be having same complications or even more this time. I am more worries bcoz my discharge summary says that right side is rudimentary. Please advice me if i can continue this pregnancy or not. I have googled and did not see even a single success case. will be waiting for your reply.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: TERMINATION IS THE ONLY OPTION Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Pregnancy in a rudimentary horn is very very rare. And yes, your previous discharge summary does mention that the right horn is rudimentary. It almost inevitably ruptures , and the management is termination of the pregnancy before rupture occurs, by a laparotomy. I hope that the previous discharge summary is correct, and no error was made in the diagnosis. Have you consulted an obstetrician during this pregnancy ? Has any ultrasound scan been done ? If this is indeed a bicornuate uterus, with pregnancy in the rudimentary horn, then the only safe way for you is to have a termination at the earliest. All the best to you. Please do feel to discuss further.