What should be done for painful bump on head caused due to accidental head banging?

I banged my head really hard on 12/2. My head still hurts as well as my neck. Tonight I can feel a quarter size bump on my head near where it was hit and a slight depression. What should I do? The bump is soft not hard and hurts when touched. The depression is hurts more when touched as well. Still have a bad headache, ears ringing, neck pain, eyes hurt and some pain down the back as well.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti-inflammatory drug will give you relief Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. There is nothing to worry about. It is just a concussion of the scalp along with a condition called cervicalgia, in which there is a stretch or a minor tear in the neck and upper back muscles, due to abrupt/violent jerk or whiplash injury. Cold compresses over the bump, along with a short course of a combination of anti-inflammatory pain killers, such as, ibuprofen + paracetamol and, a muscle relaxant, such as chlorzoxazone or Tramadol. The bump will disappear within a week's time, while other problems too will revert back to normal very soon. The mild depression is just a transient phenomenon and will disappear in a couple of days. It is not of any concern. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What should be done for painful bump on head caused due to accidental head banging? 6 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 minute later
Brief Answer: You're most welcome Detailed Answer: My pleasure, Ms XXXXXXX You will be all right.