What should be done for pain in leg after injury to abductor muscles?
User rating for this question
about 4 years ago, I hurt my left abductor in my leg. it still hurts alot. could have I damaged something else in the same region to cause so much pain. I have gone to a pain clinic, received ot and pt and class in dealing with it. it has not helped. I can't lay on it at all. is there anything we are missing?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: I will advise you do MRI of hip. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and symptoms there can be injury to abductor muscles or hip ligament. I will advise you do MRI of hip and after consulting with your doctor you can do that. Another possibility of trochantric bursitis so you are not able to sleep on left side. It also can be confirmed by MRI. Till time take analgesic and continue physiotherapy. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of humira?
- What is the cause for leg pain after an injury
- Knee injury leg pain after stumbling what to do
- Pain in leg after an old injury
- Had protected sex having cramps nausea pregnant
- Is muscle cramps a side effect of nifedical xl?
- Short period spotted gained weight pink and light discharge help
- Is muscle stiffness a side effect of loxapine?
- Is muscle stiffness a side effect of myrbetriq?
- Have food poisoning cramps in stomach diarrhea vomiting help
- Swollen leg after injury what should i do
- Head injury knot itchiness what is wrong
- Have pain when turning the leg after the injury
- Is decreased appetite a side effect of indocin?
- Lower stomach pain back pain dizziness hot flashes pregnant