What should be done for pain in leg after injury to abductor muscles?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
about 4 years ago, I hurt my left abductor in my leg. it still hurts alot. could have I damaged something else in the same region to cause so much pain. I have gone to a pain clinic, received ot and pt and class in dealing with it. it has not helped. I can't lay on it at all. is there anything we are missing?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: I will advise you do MRI of hip. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and symptoms there can be injury to abductor muscles or hip ligament. I will advise you do MRI of hip and after consulting with your doctor you can do that. Another possibility of trochantric bursitis so you are not able to sleep on left side. It also can be confirmed by MRI. Till time take analgesic and continue physiotherapy. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.