What should be done for pain and swelling on the thumb?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello, My right hand thumb got hit to my body while doing something and i have pain. It Happened on 31st december. There was swelling for 2 days. But after that i thought the pain would reduce. But its been close to 2 weeks i still have pain and notw able to hold things in right hand properly.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get your x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. Almost two weeks have passed and you still have pain, this means perhaps there may be some hair line fracture in your bone of thumb. Get your x-ray of right hand focusing thumb done in AP and Lateral view done. Send me report or discuss it with your doctor, your doctor may also do some physical examination of your thumb or check the mobility of your thumb. Till then you should avoid gripping, holding heavy objects. You can take aceclofenac+paracetamol+serratiopeptidase combination tablet one in morning and one in evening by discussing it with your doctor. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening to affected part. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: What should be done for pain and swelling on the thumb? 16 hours later
Thank you very much. I have got the X-ray done yesterday and will be meeting a doctor today or tomorrow. Is there any possibilty i can share the x-ray with you? Please suggest. Have a nice day . :)

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for query again. Yes you can share the x-ray with me, any time, as I have already told you that you can send me x-ray report along with you physical report if any. You can also upload x-ray film along with report if any. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.