What should be done for nodules in lungs?
User rating for this question
am 72 years old ,non smoker. I had a ct screening because I worked with asbestos brake linings when I was in my 40s. I got the results small nodule less than 5mm follow up ct in 6 months. My friend who had lung cancer said I Shouldn't wait 6 months, that I should get biopsy. I would like to see my dr now and ask questions about this than wait six months. What do you think?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not wait till 6 months,disease may progress. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks and welcome to Healthcaremagic . The size of the nodule though 5 mm, it may progress if you wait for 6 months. It may be benign tumor or cancer but consult doctor soon. A biopsy under ultrasonography and histopathological examination will confirm the diagnosis . If the diagnosis is in doubt another biopsy may be taken at a latter date. Early diagnosis is most important for good prognosis. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask further queries . Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.
People also viewed
- Chilblains on toes
- Chlamydia trachomatis symptoms
- What does a nodule on the lung mean
- What is a non calcified lung nodule
- Having high pulse rate and low body temperature suggest treatment
- Low-sodium ecg changes
- What is a fungal spore lung nodule
- What are the risks of consuming uncooked pork
- Chest drain removal
- What does a lung nodule indicate
- What should be done for nodules in lungs
- What could be causing pain in groin
- Socks for chilblains
- On ibuprofen for inflammation due to arthritis suggest alternative medication
- What causes pain in chest along with shoulder blade