What should be done for low body temprature?

Pediatrician
Question
My 8 week old baby has a temp of 35.3. What should I do
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Yes it is on lower side.,but I suggest you to record it at regular intervals and make sure your termometer is giving correct reading. In the meantime wrap her well with warm clothes. Watch her activity/ feeding pattern/urine output. In case she is active nothing to worry. In case she appears lethargic or there is refusal of feed get her examined by pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your little XXXXXXX good health. God bless....

Follow-up: What should be done for low body temprature? 4 minutes later
He is also wheezing. He has had a viral infection since last week

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Is he taking medication.

Follow-up: What should be done for low body temprature? 1 minute later
No

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician. Physical examination along with some blood tests will be required. Hope this helps. Take care .