What should be done for left anterior chest calcification?

Cardiologist
Question
XRAY shows left anterior chest calcification, EkG reads sinus rhythm, low voltage in precordial leads,-Rsr(1) non diagnostic' anterior infart-age undetermined. My primary physician states no worries should I seek a doctor that specializes in what field??
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please upload the scanned EKG.... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have not run any cardiac tests, then, I suggest to do: - stress test - holter monitoring - cardiac echo for further evaluation. Can you please scan and upload the EKG (not the interpretation)? Based on that, I can give my final conclusions. Thank you! Dr.Benard

Follow-up: What should be done for left anterior chest calcification? 9 hours later
Echo and treadmill test performed primary DR states no worries my concern is to change doctors-since he will not explain anything. Do you give referrals also I had a chest ex ray and states normal but costophrenic angles are sharp. I then had a neck xray that stated left anterior chest calcification 4th anterior rib area. Since my primary doctor's chest stay within normal limits-he states nothing is need inspire that a chest MRI is suggested. What do I do live in Lancaster, ca.???

Brief Answer: Further evaluation with pulmonologist is needed... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. As long as your cardiac tests did result normal, and calcifications are seen in your chest X-ray, then, I suggest to: - do MRI of the chest (including lungs) - respiratory tests (spirometry) - serological examinations for TB If your doctor won't prescribe such screening tests, then, change doctor and ask to consult pulmonologist and run the above-mentioned tests as it is necessary to take them. It is your right to get the medical attention you deserve. If your doctor won't do it, then, others can help you. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard

Follow-up: What should be done for left anterior chest calcification? 2 hours later
Why a pulmonologist? Does the calcification of the 4th left anterior rib about size of a quarter suggest bone cancer or lungs??

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Further tests are needed.... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. As you are mentioning such calcification (and I have not read the results myself), then, to determine its origin (mass, TB or other lung problems) I have requested to run such exams. Without having the results, no diagnosis can be definitely made. Once you have them, you can forward to me to assist you further. Take care! Dr.Benard