What should be done for high spike in blood pressure?

I just checked my blood pressure it is 198 over 98 I already had heart diease, do I need to go to the hospital?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, please go to hospital Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. Your systolic blood pressure is high. It needs immediate consultation in view of you having high cardiovascular risks in past history. Thus I would suggest that you go to the hospital. Going to physician office may take a while, whereas you will get immediate help in emergency room. Take care. Dr Vaishalee