What should be done for finger prick caused by infected mouse trap?
User rating for this question
Hello, I am a 30 year male. 3 days ago I was trying to lay bait in the mouse/rat trap when suddenly my fingers got pricked by the inside of the mouse/rat trap and blood started oozing out of two of my fingers from multiple places. The mouse trap had been used to catch several mice/rats on the very same day. Do I need to get vaccinated for rabies because of the above accident ? Please guide.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No need to take anti rabies vaccine Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. You must clean the wound and apply antiseptics. Then you should take tetanus toxoid injection. There is no need for anti rabies vaccine. If wound is deep then suturing might be required. Keep the wound area dry and prevent any infections by taking a short course of antibiotics if necessary. If you are having severe pain, taking pain killers might help. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
People also viewed
- Emanzen 10mg side effect
- What causes fungal infections
- Finger infection causes
- What is the efficacy of sazo and its side effects
- Can i purchase dilaudid online
- Low body temperature after chemo?
- What causes helicobacter infection
- How to avoid side effects of venlafaxine
- What is the cause of virgina infection
- What causes an ear infections
- What do enlarged lymph nodes above the collar bone indicate
- Does drinking beer causes hyperthyroidism
- Veins on forehead bruise
- Can indomethacin and arfrin be taken together
- Is nutrilite good for kidney stone..