What should be done for dizziness due to high BP when having history of Angioplasty and Hyperlipidemia?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
history includes MI (1993), Angioplasty (1999), AODM (1993) HTN, and Hyperlipidemia. I was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli in Sep of this year with only dizziness on standing as a presenting complaint. I developed dizziness again yesterday which is worse. My resting B/P is 109/64 and pulse is 77. Upon standing, My B/P is 112/64 and my pulse goes to 90. After a 4 hour wait in the ER yesterday I left wobs. I hate to go through that again now but feel I should. What is your advice?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs evaluation if persistent. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The dizziness that you are having with a nearly normal blood pressure can be related to a cardiac cause or embolism. If there is associated sweating or shortness of breath then an immediate evaluation by a cardiologist is recommended. If dizziness is the only symptom that you have and it has not subsided with rest and taking adequate fluids orally even then a medical attention is needed. You need to attend an ER for evaluation and proper investigations to find out the cause. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL