What should be done for chest pain and what precautions should be taken?

Hi Dr. Shehu -- I asked you a question a few weeks ago regarding my chest pain. Since then I have had a negative CXR and normal echocardiogram during stress echo testing. The only thing that concerns me is my abnormal EKG that usually has nonspecific ST-T abnormalities --- this continued to be present during stress echo testing. However, I sometimes have a normal EKG. I dont understand why it shows normal sometimws and not others. The cardiologist said my function is good and he is not really concerned with ischemic issues. Should I trust this? Admittedly I have had much anxiety about this issue and feel like I experience chest/back pain more often because of it. I just don't think there is any further testing I could undergo shy of a XXXXXXX which the cardiologist would not recommend based on my tests.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi back my dear, Thank you for forwarding your testing results. As all your tests resulted normal, then, I'd suggest to be scheduled for cardiac Ct-Angiography to diagnose/rule out heart problems. Meanwhile, I'd advise to: - follow healthy diet and lifestyle changes - try to cope with stress - get re-checked after 6 months (another ECG, holter and stress test) All the best! Dr.Benard Shehu Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!