What should be done for ankle fracture?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I broke my ankle in 3 places 2 months ago and have started yesterday 25to 50 % weight bearing. I fell the morning with my cam boot on landed with my foot in the air. Should I worry.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get it evaluated by your doctor. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. If after fall there is increase tenderness(painful to touch) in the area and it become painful to stand, then there is possibility of soft tissue or bony injury. I suggest you to get it evaluated by your doctor and go for xray to rule out any bony injury. Meanwhile avoid putting weight and rest well. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care