What should be done for accidental intake of Lotrel?

My father-in-law accidentally look 2 Lotrel (my mother-in-laws medication) thinking he was taking his antibiotic Clindamycin. My husband is a pharmacist and is at their house now. Do we need to take my father-in-law to the hospital or induce vomiting?My husband has given my father-in-law mustard and water to induce vomiting. Blood pressure is 139/75 pulse is 80 at 2:40pm.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, If he took 2 Lotrel about 2 hours ago, then, it is better to continue inducing vomiting. Keep monitoring his blood pressure and heart rate. I'd like to also know the dose of 1 tablet Lotrel he took. If the dose is low, then, there are less chances for side effects. Looking forward to kindly have the requested data (when he took Lotrel and the dose)! Thank you! Dr.Benard