What should be done for accidental intake of Lipitor and Zetia during pregnancy?

I accidentally took one dose (ie one pill each) of my husband's Lipitor and Zetia prescriptions tonight, and I am 23 weeks pregnant. I immediately forced myself to throw up. Is this something I need to take further action on? - XXXX
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: No further action needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Since you have thrown up immediately after taking the pills there is no need to worry. The oral medicines do take at least 30 minutes to dissolve and start their action in the body. Also a single dose of these medicines will not have any effect on the growing baby inside you. So there is no need to worry and no further action is needed. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL