What should be done for a minor head injury?

Nov 2013

Fell backwards off a ledge a few weeks ago and have just felt a dent in the back of my head and have been feeling nauseous, vomiting, blurred vision, headaches, as well as tingling at the top of my head, have had to take antihistamine that helps for nausea everyday. Should I go to the doctor? Would this be a serious head injury?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your complaints and I feel there is very little chance of you having a serious head injury. This is because a few weeks have passed since the time of your injury. You could continue symptomatic treatment, such as diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets for headache, ondansetron for nausea, etc. Only, if you do not get better, should you need to go to the doctor and get a CT scan of the brain done. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: