What should be done after accidental intake of glycomet 850 tablet by a baby?
User rating for this question
My 16 month old grandson has taken glycomet 850 tablet by mistake.what should be done.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Check blood glucose, serum lactate level. Detailed Answer: Hello, At this dose( 850 mg), he may have vomiting and dizziness. But it is better to do the following investigations and rule out any hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis. 1. Monitoring of blood glucose every 4 hour. 2. Serum Electrolytes especially potassium 3. Serum lactate concentration to rule out lactic acidosis. if there is any hypoglycemia and lactic acdosis, he need emergency care. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Glycomet 850 tablets help to reduce weight
- Giddiness after glycomet 850
- Is dizziness or lightheadedness a side effect of mexiletine?
- Is clay-colored stools a side effect of metoprolol tartrate?
- Glycerine level in blood
- Head blood pressure slight movement
- What happens when blood related people marry
- What is the use of glycomet tablet 850 mg
- Glycomet 850 mg used for what
- Is bloody or black, tarry stools a side effect of meloxicam?
- Blood group matching table
- What for glycomet 1000mg tablet used
- Kidney stones raise blood glucose
- Is increased sensitivity to touch a side effect of losartan?
- Is pain or burning while urinating a side effect of lovenox?