What should be done after accidental intake of glycomet 850 tablet by a baby?
User rating for this question
My 16 month old grandson has taken glycomet 850 tablet by mistake.what should be done.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Check blood glucose, serum lactate level. Detailed Answer: Hello, At this dose( 850 mg), he may have vomiting and dizziness. But it is better to do the following investigations and rule out any hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis. 1. Monitoring of blood glucose every 4 hour. 2. Serum Electrolytes especially potassium 3. Serum lactate concentration to rule out lactic acidosis. if there is any hypoglycemia and lactic acdosis, he need emergency care. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Glycomet 850 tablets help to reduce weight
- What causes green lesions and visible veins on shoulders
- Is stiffness in my legs associated with hernia
- Is coffee bad for a sore throat
- Giddiness after glycomet 850
- Side effects of eating bad chicken
- Will they examine my pancreas during ultrasound for pancreatitis
- What causes frail body when on oleanzdicorate er125 and aricep
- Is coke zero bad for gallstones
- What is the use of glycomet tablet 850 mg
- Glycomet 850 mg used for what
- Is coffee bad fo sore throat
- What for glycomet 1000mg tablet used
- Why coffee is bad for cough
- What causes fever with vommiting and yellowish watery stool