What should be an ideal gap between cataract operations of two eyes?

May 2013
What should be an ideal gap between cataract operations two eyes?

Age should be 65 years
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

With advent of new techniques the gap between cataract surgeries of two eyes is decreasing.
But according to many ophthalmologists ideal gap of 3 to 4 weeks is preferable.
As by that time the incision of first surgery will heal, possibility of complications can be ruled out.
Brain takes 6 weeks to 2 months to completely adopt for new artificial lens by doing surgery at short interval this time can be reduced and also total healing and medication time reduces.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.