What should I eat to improve my immunity?

Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: nutritious balanced diet will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare Magic! There are no specific foods that can boost immunity, but a good general health is a surety of good immunity and for that reason high protein balanced diet can ensure good immunity. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: What should I eat to improve my immunity? 15 hours later
Thanks Doctor for the reply. I just have a follow up question about high protein diet, wouldn't it be a problem having such a diet for a person having sedentary lifestyle of sitting 40 hrs a week? I heard high protein diet can develop joints related problems for people with sitting jobs, please advise.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Brief Answer: No, proteins do not harm joints even if sedentary Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome back. It is a myth, proteins when in excess will be metabolized to produce energy and they are good for immunity, bone and joints as well. You should take a balanced nutritious diet as per your taste. I hope the advise will be helpful.