What should I do to remove whiteheads?

What I do to reduce or free skin from wbiteheads
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get these extracted

Detailed Answer:
The best and most definite solution for treating white heads is to get these extracted. You can do it at your place by following these steps
1) wash your face and then steam it
2) Use a comedone extractor which is easily available at cosmetic shops to remove the white heads. Just press the extractor gently at affected sites. Once done, ice the area. The more stubborn ones which are difficult to be expressed at home can be removed by a dermatologist. As sometimes cautery of deep white heads is required.
3) once the whiteheads are removed to prevent recurrence you should
a) use a salicylic acid based face wash daily like saslic face wash
b) apply adapalene and clindamycing gel daily in night over affected areas
c) may take sessions of salicylic acid peels once in a month to keep skin comedone and acne free.

Hope this answered your query. Should there be any further query, please write back
Follow-up: What should I do to remove whiteheads? 5 minutes later
I steam my wash wash daily two time since two weeks n I take isorin capsules from two weeks n nilac gel in night which is included clindamycing acid but nothing relief shows till now respect my lips were become very rough and hard....
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lips are becoming rough and red due to isotretinon

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Oral isotretinoin along with anti acne creams are prescribed for white heads. But personally I believe in closed comedones, best result is seen with comedone extraction and peels done by a dermatologist. Later on low dose isotretinoin can be given to prevent comedone recurrence.
The redness, dryness over face and lips is commonly seen with isotretionin. It can be treated by use of mild moisturiser like cetaphil. Also use vaseline daily over lips.

As you are already on treamtent, i will suggest that you continue with same for duration specified by your doctor. If no response is seen then, you may discuss getting peels and comedone extraction done.
Hope this helped.
Follow-up: What should I do to remove whiteheads? 1 minute later
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may close the query

Detailed Answer:
Should there be no further doubts, you may close the query.
You may always activate this thread for further follow up.