What should I do to remove the small bump on the fingertip due to a cut ?

I have a small bump on my fingertip that resulted from a cut. It doesn't seem to go away. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

The small bump on the fingertip after a cut can be a chronic granuloma - appears either due to chronic infection or due to some foreign body inside or XXXXXXX lodgement of epithelial tissue inside. You need to rule out the infection inside. If there is any discharge or a pin head like spot is seen then the possibility of foreign body is more.

If the other possibilities are ruled out then it can be a wart. A careful examination is an integral part of diagnosis. In most of the cases excision or dermabrasion is needed under antibiotic cover.

You will also need to get immunised by tetanus toxoid at the earliest.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.