What should I do to reduce tummy and waist size?

Hi Doctor, Was looking for some sort of treatment to reduce my tummy. It just started six months back and now it is at 36 waist size. I need to bring it back to 32 or 30 waist size. I work for multiple shifts and thus, going gym makes impossible for me. Seeking your help on reducing my tummy which is now at 36 waist size. I am reachable at 0000 any time. Preferably from Chennai is appreciated.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting query
For people who are trying to get rid of their tummy the natural way, diet, exercise and a healthy lifestyle are always the things to do. Yoga can also be one of the most effective ways to reduce your tummy. For those who are XXXXXXX and trust modern science, they opt for laser treatment. You are on the right track if you are aiming for the first.

Let us go the righteous way and look at the steps to achieve your dream:
1. Exercises – This has to be a priority. Do work on your core muscles of abdomen more diligently. You can use weight machines and other gym equipments to help you reduce tummy fat fast. Use the cycle, the XXXXXXX and the treadmill. All these will help in gaining overall strength along with your tummy. You can also jog, skip, swim and walk that extra mile if you have the time and the energy. You can choose any time (morning or evening) for work up as per your shift.
2. Food Habits – Bring about some changes in the diet. Your main aim is to take in less calories and burn more. Avoid pasta, rice, white bread, potatoes, yellow butter and cheese. Always consume skimmed milk instead of full creamed ones. Binge eating and binge drinking also needs to stop in order to reduce your tummy.
3. Lifestyle – Eating at the right time is very important. Sleep early and rise up early, basically be as disciplined as you once were as a school boy. Do not smoke and do not drink the night away. One must get 8 hours of sleep every day.

Some more tips to reduce tummy given below:
1. Be very careful while making your choice of food. Avoid eating fried foods or foods high on calories.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Skip heavy meals at night.
4. Avoid eating small bites of chocolates, cookies, etc., in between meals. Avoid carbonated or fizzy drinks since they are high on calories.
5. Avoid sitting at one place for long duration of time and day-dreaming. Involve yourself in some or the other physical work and keep yourself busy.
6. Take your diet in terms of calories and do not exceed more than the calories you need per day. You have to take calories according to your height. An average 2200 calories is needed by a adult male.
7. Fix your time for all your diets and take them at particular time and duration. Make sure that dinner is very light.

Hope this will help you. Write back if you have any further query. Always happy to help you.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: What should I do to reduce tummy and waist size? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor. I believe, you see my question as I am very fat from all parts of my body. But that's not the actual case. My hands, legs and other parts of the body are neutral except my stomach. Firstly, I DO NOT drink nor smoke. My tummy started from the day I started to eat Pizza weekly once sometime back; may be a year back. Secondly, the exercise part. This is something which I already know. That didn't work well with me because every week my shift gets changed. Thirdly, I dehydrate every easily. Upon that, every week shift change makes me more week. So, physical experience is something I would not like to do so. Paji, do you know any laser treatment as you suggested. May you help me with details, such as cost, future disadvantages, etc etc... I put up in chennai. So, if I agree for laser, which specification doctor should I approach. I can be reached anytime at 0000.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 9 hours later
Hello Dear and thanks again for the query
Firstly the measures I have explained you are to reduce tummy fat. Weight loss includes so more measures which are difficult for you to follow.
I do not thing that you are the ideal candidate for the laser treatment. Those who are obese and have no desire to work towards a healthy lifestyle should forget it. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and maintaining your new shape through regular exercise is key to ensuring the fat won't simply be back. Those who already follow a healthy diet and regular exercise routine and are looking to eliminate those stubborn areas of fat are ideal candidates as are those who want to start off their regimen with a little boost.

Stop taking Pizza and other fatty and junk food. Just give yourself a hour to work out. Stop your laziness if want to reduce tummy. Because even after laser treatment fat will came back in few months with your kind of life style. The side effects are not much except eye damage.

Consult your cosmetic surgeon for the laser therapy and discuss whether it help you? The cost depends on the time and number of sitting it requires. Your doctor can tell you better.

Write back for other query if you have.
Dr. Kulbir Singh