What should I do to reduce triglycerides level?

my triglycerides 160ml. what measure i should take to reduce it
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 29 minutes later

Your triglycerides (T.G) 160 mg%, it is only marginally raised and you should not worry as desirable is <150mg

I would like to know if other lipid parameters were tested or not - like cholesterol and, LDL, HDL, etc., if yes, let me know.
Are you overweight? let me know your height and weight?

The common causes are following: obesity, high carbohydrate diet, diabetes, alcohol intake,
hypothyroidism, etc.
If you do not have any such illness, just reduce fats and carbohydrates in diet and regular exercise will help to reduce T.G.

At present you do not need any drug to reduce T.G.; there are some drugs like Fibrates used if levels are high.

Hope this helps you to understand, and if you have any further query please ask, I will be happy to assist.

Dr. A. Dubey M. D.