What should I do to protect myself after having unprotected sex with a sex worker?

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later
Hi Imqd,

Thanks for posting your query

Unprotected intercourse with an unknown partner carries a high risk and exposes for transmission of varying sexually transmitted diseases.Antibiotics which you have been taking will not provide any protection if you have caught the infection.
There are various diseases caused by bacteria and viruses and the symptoms can take a week to months to appear.
You should get the tests for various STD's and HIV virus done.The earliest test that can be taken to detect HIV is PCR proviral DNA test and it can detect the virus if present within 15 to 21 days of infection.It is a very accurate test.Regarding the various other STD tests you can get them checked about after a week and then get again all the tests repeated after 6 months because sometimes the symptoms may not show up at all.
Kindly avoid any unprotected intercourse and always use condom as it provides protection against various diseses.
Visit your nearest center soon for all getting all the tests done.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.

Follow-up: What should I do to protect myself after having unprotected sex with a sex worker? 7 hours later
can u tell me the tests and timings which i have to done , and when can i know that i am out of danger n no need to worry abt any disease for further
(1)does i have to go to any clinic or any doctor / or shall i go to lab for self tests i mean no need of any doctor
(2) if any doctor in hyderabad regarding For my problem Or hiv expert..pls let me know the address
(3) i can attend the clinic where ever located pls or else ur clinic
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later
Hello Imqd,

Thanks for follow up

You can get the tests done at any laboratory and can request for self testing of STD's and PCR DNA test.There is no need of any specific timing for getting the test done and after repeating it after 6 months possibility of any infection can be ruled out.
I am based in Bangalore so I am sorry I do not have any idea of doctors in Hyderabad.First get the tests done and if any symptom arises then you need to see Physician.

Wishing you Good Health!

Follow-up: What should I do to protect myself after having unprotected sex with a sex worker? 5 hours later
i am very much worried n depressed
always Thinking of that
so after six months test i can confirm ,no need to wait beyond 6months or else .?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 4 hours later
Hi Imqd,

Relax yourself and try to focus on your work. Get the tests done. Yes after 6 months the possibility of infection can be ruled out and in future avoid having unprotected intercourse with an unknown partner.

Wish a good health.