What should I do to get fat?

I am very slim and long I do not know what I do to have a good size To become a little big and fat !
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Welcome to healthcate magic!
You should provide a brief details about yourself so that I can advise more suitably.
please let me know your exact body weight and height and what is the weight you are expecting.
Please let me know your dietary habits like- regular good intake or very choozy/irregular, whether veg/eggveg/nonvegetarian.
Lastly what do you do, whether you have any known health problem, like frequent loose stools etc.
Please provide these data so that i can focus on the problem.
Let me know if you had any investigations recently in this regard.
Hope you would provide the detail in a a follow up query soon.
Follow-up: What should I do to get fat? 23 minutes later
I weigh 58 kg, and my length is 1m80
I Eat a lot but not with a variety of foods and sleep 8 hours a night
I Study hard most of the time and work in computer daily
i do stools daily or every 2 days
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You did not mention whether you are veg/nonveg, anyway you can omit the nonveg diets if you are a veg by food habits.
A rational combination of balanced diet moderate calories and good amount of protein and a moderate regular aerobic exercises like jogging/brisk walking 30minutes per day are enough to give you a good physical appearance.
A diet high in protein helps to build muscles, not fat. But choose foods which are high in protein and low in fat in order to gain muscle mass.
Some suggestions can be:
•Dried fruit and nuts
•Fruit OR Vegetable juice along with Chicken or Paneer or Vegetable sandwiches (preferably brown bread)
•Omelette with toast or roll
•Cereal with milk
•A protein or energy bar
•A protein or energy shake
You should NOT be eating fat. Fat slows down digestion. It would also be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbohydrate that you had after the work out.
Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken in your diet. Avoid junk foods, oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, saturated sweets which will eventually suppress your hunger, substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich, boiled pulses like rajma, chole, paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches, dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi, XXXXXXX banana which are high in protein and low in fat.
I hope this answers your query.
Wish you a great health!