What should I do to gain weight?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
How could i gain my weight
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Grace Abraham 22 hours later

Weight gain is as difficult as losing it, if you are naturally thin. It is not a good idea of increasing intake of junk foods and fatty foods to gain weight. You should be eating calorie dense yet nutritious food. Your calorie intake should come from foods that are healthy for you.

Diets which help to gain weight in healthier and fast way are foods which are high in proteins. Generally proteins are building blocks of the body. Proteins also provide stamina and immunity to the body.
A protein XXXXXXX food includes whole pulses, legumes, sprouted grams, milk products, soya and its products, nuts and its products. Weight gain is a slow process and it can be achieved by substituting foods high in calories and fats like oily fried foods, junk foods, highly saturated sweets, carbonated drinks with protein XXXXXXX foods like fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich,boiled pulses like rajma, chole,paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches,dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk,soy flavoured milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi and peanut butter.
Avoid taking junk foods like carbonated beverages, oily fried foods, highly saturated sweets, fruit juices, alcohol,and excess intake of fast foods like burgers, pizza's, pastries and confectioneries.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham