What should I do if I have headache in the morning?

i have type 2 diabetes and inject lantis and victosa plus take gluchophage...i am now waking with extreme headaches in morning and sleep is dificult....i have almost no appetite at all and feel nauseated most of time
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Victoza injections that you are taking for diabetes do increase the production of glucagon like peptide from pancreas which causes a good weight loss also. May be the weight loss caused by this drug is responsible for the loss of appetite and nausea that you are feeling.

The side effects of this drug (Victoza)is Constipation; decreased appetite; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; nausea; pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site.This might be the reason for your weight loss and headache.

Lantis causes only low blood sugar as side effect.

At the same time you need to exclude other reasons for your symptoms also.

Headache in the mornings can be related to hypertension or vision problems secondary to diabetes. You need to get them checked with your specialist.

Morning headaches can also be due to hypoglycaemia in the morning hours which can be ruled out by monitoring blood glucose levels.

You need to discuss these aspects with your physician so that he can reschedule your insulin(victoza) for a better control.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.