What should I do for swelling in limbs?

hands swelling last 2 days. has mrsa last 4 years, dementia, last 3 yrs, chronic body pain, 5+ years, cannot walk.takes blood pressure RX
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more details... Detailed Answer: Hi, Sudden onset limb swelling is concerning. It may be related to infection, inflammation, nutritional deficiency, vascular or metabolic condition. I need more information which can help me understand and analyse the condition better. Can you help me with some more details? 1. I need to know how you developed this swelling - was it after an injury or was it spontaneous? Is it progressing since you first noticed it? 2. Is it on both hands? 3. Do you have pain / tenderness? 4. Do you find any skin changes? Compare this area with rest of your body and see if there is stretching, redness, oozing, darkening or any other feature. 5. Does the swelling go down with rest/sleep? 6. If it is not tender does it pit on applying pressure? 7. Do you see swelling of other body areas especially face, abdomen, lower limbs (feet and toes)? 8. Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart illness, thyroid / kidney problems? 9. What medicines are you on? - can you list your every day medicine? I am waiting for your response. Regards