What should I do for sensitive, red, itchy and swollen legs?

Question
I have pain above knee similar to a bee sting in different places.skin is red and sensitive my legs are swollen i am overweight. and sometimes i feel this pain in my left leg as well I am taking tramadoltwice a day worse when i lay down or sit down. never ending. i am to have a kneeexam with an orthepedic doctor in 4 days was supose to have mrifor back pain had to cancel this week. i dont think this knee pain is coming from my bad back. i think i have a blood clot both legs arelight red and sensitive to touch and somewhat swollen i have always had a problem with edema so i am back on the water pills . my legs knees also feel itchy.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The swollen legs are due to water retention, because of: - your heart problems - kidney problems (high albumin in urine) - arthritis Until you see your doctor, I'd suggest to: - apply cold clothing to the affected area - try to avoid sitting for long time. If you should sit, then, must keep your legs raised. - Use a pillow under your legs to raise your legs when sleeping - apart taking tramadol, you can use any other painkiller to reduce pain including locally. All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!

Follow-up: What should I do for sensitive, red, itchy and swollen legs? 19 hours later
Why am i having this sharp pain in spots similar to a bee sting Do you think its possable that i could have a blood clot ? That is my concern.

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi back my dear, As mentioned earlier, there are many causes to pain in the leg. Having deep vein thrombosis is also a possibility in your case, however, the physical examination of your leg will determine it better. You can send a photo of your leg to me to assist you better! Until you see your doctor, you can apply the measures as mentioned earlier. If you notice sudden onset of shortness of breath and chest pain, feeling lightheaded or dizziness, should run to ER immediately to exclude pulmonary problems. All the best my dear! Dr.Alba If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer.Thank you!

Follow-up: What should I do for sensitive, red, itchy and swollen legs? 25 hours later
Thank you Doctor XXXXXXX Merry Christmas XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Brief Answer: You're most welcomed! Happy holidays to you too! Detailed Answer: Hi dear XXXXXXX You're most welcomed! Happy holidays to you too! Warm regards! Dr.Alba