What should I do for decreased hemoglobin level and higher eosinophil counts?

My CBP says that there is 39% of neutrophils where the required range is 40-80% and Eosinophils is 13% where the normal range is only 1-6% needed...Hemoglobin count is 8.9 where by 12-15 is needed...can you please suggest
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 1 hour later

Thanks for writing your query to us.

I have gone through your blood reports diligently at the lab website. I have noted that you have a decreased hemoglobin level (Anemia) and higher eosinophil counts (Eosinophilia), which may be the main cause for your hair fall. The low neutrophil counts suggests that your immune cells are bit low.

Most common cause for eosinophilia are parasitic infections (such as hookworm, schistosomiasis), allergic conditions (such asthma and hay fever) and certain types of drug reactions. Medicine reactions often give rise to skin rashes, and they often occur after taking a new drug.

The commonest causes for anemia are iron deficiency, vitamin deficiency or blood loss. According to your reports, it looks like you are having an iron deficiency anemia. Supplementation with iron tablets will be required.

Kindly consult your treating doctor so that he will examine you clinically & find out if there is any other particular cause. Both Eosinophilia & low Hemoglobin are corrected by short course medicines after knowing the cause. Your doctor will be able to help you.

Anemia when corrected would decrease your hair fall.

To improve your immunity, you should include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet. Drink plenty of water (at least 2-3 litres per day). Supplementation with Vitamin C tablets ( Tab. Celin), 1 tablet twice daily, after food, regularly for one month.

I hope I have answered your question. If you have any further question, I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: What should I do for decreased hemoglobin level and higher eosinophil counts? 1 hour later

Thank you so much for the prompt reply!

I am currently undergoing my treatment since last week for the same with Oliva clinic and they have given me the below medicines. Kindly go through them once and suggest me

1: Ferrikind Tab (one Tab each day after dinner)
2: T. Kuaglo XXXXXXX (One tab each after BF)
3: neutriderm anti hair loss lotion (need to apply once in the day time)
4: Hair 4 U 10% lotion (need to apply once at night)

Can your suggested medicine (i.e. Tab. Celin) be taken along with the once which i am currently using. If yes please tel me how do i take it, is it once tab a day and when?

My doctor also suggested me to go for a laser comb for about 5 weeks and in each week i need to come for 3 sittings which is charging me a bomb i really cannot afford it and i think if i take the proper diet on time this is not necessary my hairfall will gradually decrease...please suggest on this!

Kindly suggest me the best way as i am going to consult my doctor today and say the same to her. Only the medicines and the lotion given along with the tab referred by you and a proper diet must be enough for me?

Thank you in advance!

good day

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 35 minutes later

You can continue taking medicines as suggested by your doctor. Wait for few months and see the results before starting laser comb treatment. This medicines will improve your hair texture & also decrease your hair fall. Just be consistent in following the treatment.

T. Celin is vitamin C . It can be taken with other medicines you are already having. You can take 1 tablet two times daily ( One after breakfast and another after dinner) after food at fixed time. Include orange, lemon, amla in your diet. They are XXXXXXX in vitamin C. Also include at least 45 minutes exercise in your daily routine.

Proper diet, supportive medicines, regular exercise and reduced stress will be enough to reduce your hair fall. Moreover, it is normal for around 100 strands of hair to fall daily. So, please do not worry. It will get better with the modifications I have advised.

Don't worry.
Don't exert.
Take good night sleep.
Avoid stress. Be happy.
Reassess your hair condition after 3 months & you will notice change in your hair fall.

Follow-up: What should I do for decreased hemoglobin level and higher eosinophil counts? 37 minutes later

Thank you so much for guiding me, making me feel relaxed and comfortable now. This was very informative and useful for me.

Thank you once again

Good day to you

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 13 minutes later
It was my pleasure discussing with you.

Don't worry & be relaxed. Stress also has negative effect on hair. Just be happy. You have taken a right step. Just follow all the suggestions which I had mentioned. Be consistent in your efforts.

I wish you good luck... If you have no further queries, please close this discussion. I would also appreciate your reviews about my service.