What problems can raised erosions in the antrum cause?

what problems can raised erosions in the antrum cause
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Raised erosions are ones seen due to inflammation and concomitant erosions in the gastric mucosa. Such type of erosions can be seen in acid induced gastritis and happens either due to excess acid output or defective bicarbonate protective layer in the gastric mucosa.

Excess gastric acid production could be due to many causes commonest amongst are stress , medications and bad food habits.The defective bicarbonate protective layer mainly is seen due to medications like NSAIDs ( painkillers ).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.