What precautions should be taken for erosive duodentis in first part of duodenum?

Jun 2015

i have erosive duodentis in first part of duodenum tell me what precaution & diet at home
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Precautions & diet as mentioned Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Erosive duodenitis in first part of duodenum is usually caused due to increased acid production in the stomach which causes inflammation & ulceration in the duodenum. The reason for increased acid production can be Stress, inappropriate diet & lifestyle methods or infection associated with a type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H pylori). Symptomatic relief can be obtained with intake of Proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole, Pantoprazole,etc. (which prevent acid formation in stomach) It is also needed that you take certain precautions regarding your diet & lifestyle, such as: 1. Take soft, plain, non-spicy foods 2. Drink lots of water to maintain adequate hydration 3. Avoid smoking & consuming irritating substances such as acidic & rich foods, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. 4. Have your meals regularly and at appropriate time of the day. Do not skip breakfast. 5. Keep away stress, think positive. 6. Exercise regularly & practice meditation. 7. Avoid medicines like Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, etc for pain relief. They may further aggravate the condition. 8. Avoid staying awake late at nights. Get sufficient sleep. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Please let me know if I can clarify further. Wishing a good health. Take care.