What precaution should I take to avoid pregnancy?

Dear Sir i am a newly married me and my spouse decided to post-pond the baby ,what precautions i need to take to avoid pregnancy
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
There are various methods of contraception available. Considering your young age, the surest way of delaying pregnancy will be oral contraceptives.
Oral contraceptive pills are a good choice of contraception and are well tolerated with high efficacy.
If taken regularly they are quite effective in prevention of pregnancy.
Some of the common sideeffects are Headache, dizziness, cold and flu symptoms.
Stomach pain, irregular motions, nausea .
Mood swings, depression
Acne, weight gain/loss, breast engorgement.
Other side effects also depend on the individual and can vary.
Most of these side effects are well tolerated and subside after one or two months of regular use.
There are various pills available these days as Femilon, Novelon, Ovral L, My pill.

Consider visiting a Gynaecologist so that your wife can be prescribed the one after evaluation of her age,height,weight,menstrual history etc.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: What precaution should I take to avoid pregnancy? 42 minutes later
If using condoms is good right ,any side effects in that one
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Using condoms is safe and has minimal side effects but these do have a high failure rate of upto 8%. The precum also contains some sperms and the chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out completely. To be doubly sure, your partner can use a spermicidal jelly just before having sex.
Vaginal spermicides are available in several forms: spermicidal jelly, cream, foam, tablets, suppositories, sponge and film. A spermicide is inserted into the vagina just before sex to prevent pregnancy. When used along with condom, it effectively protects against conception.
She can use Gynol, Today, Encare, Conceptrol, Crinone or Advantage S according to the convenience.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.