What parameters from the blood report can be correlated with varicose veins?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi Doctor, I have recently got my routine blood examination done from Thyrocare labs Hyderabad (India). Please find the reports attached. please have a look at them and provide your valuable suggestions/prescriptions. I also suffer from Varicose veins and i am very worried about it. Are there any parameters which correlate with Varicose veins?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 days later
Brief Answer: Execise ,dietary changes and a few tonics required Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in. Your reports do not show any gross abnormality. The only slight variation is a slight increase in the lipid profile. For that I would suggest the following. 1. Dietary modification. High protein,low carbohydrate, low fat doiet. 2. Regular exercise for at least 45 minutes daily. 3. A mild liver tonic which has lipid reducing actions as well namel asorbiline which a combination of tricholine citrate and sorbitol.It is to be taken once a day in the morning only. Dosage is 2 tablespoons in a glass of warm water. Continue this for 6 months. Regarding varicose veins there are no blood investigations which will point towards the tendency to varicose veins. For varicose veins just get a venous doppler done to assess the severity and cause of it. In the mean time start using a venous stocking. I hope this answers all your doubts. Regards