What optional vaccines in addition to routine vaccines can be given to a child?

My Child is 5 months old & I need details & better understanding regarding Vaccination since i am confused whether to go for Optional Vaccination other than Shall i go for vaccination like memory for my child and i need you advice on what time??
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Probably affordability is the best criteria to opt vaccines. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for asking question on health care magic. There are many optional vaccines in addition to routine vaccines. Let us discuss optional vaccines one by one: 1.HIB vaccine given on 6,10 and 14 weeks of age.It prevents Pneumonia and meningitis due to Hemophillous infulenzae type B. 2.RV vaccine given on 6,10,14 weeks,prevents diarrhea due to Rota virus. 3. Varicella vaccine given after 1 year and again after 3 years prevents chickenpox. 4.Hepatitis A given after 1 year and again after 6 months to prevent viral hepatitis. 5.Typhoid vaccine given after 2 years and every 3 years there after to prevent typhoid fever. 6.HPV(human pappilloma virus) vaccine to prevent venerial warts and cervical cancer. Some vaccines are given under special circumstances and for high risk children likeinfluenza,meningococcal,JapaneseBencephalitis,cholera,rabies,yellowfever,pneumococcal vaccines. The routine vaccines are polio,DPT,Measles,MMR,BCG and hepatitis B vaccines There is no vaccine that is available to increase the memory. Hope this answer will serve your purpose Please feel free to ask any more queries if required Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH Associate professor of pediatrics