Ask a Urologist   »  

What ointment must be used to treat penis warts ?

Geriatrics Specialist
Hi dr. I have recently got a small pimple/skin on my testicle. Doesn't hurt or anything just extra little skin just checking if there is any medicine to put on to remove just like one you might get on a finger or so. Its the same as skin color. I can send an image if helps. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Gunar Subieta 43 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

Your question is a good one and I will give you some helpful information and recommendations as far as what you should do for this. First and foremost, do not squeeze or irritate the affected area. Try your best not to disturb the skin where you see or feel the pimple.

Let me recommend a few things. First I would recommend warm soaks in a bathtub twice per day for 20 minutes. This will help soothe the area and will help open the pores of the skin around the area as well. Do this for 3 or 4 days.

Next, you could apply some over the counter benzoyl peroxide given that this prevents bacterial growth and serves as an anti-inflammatory as well.

Should the pimple continue to grow or cause skin changes, I recommend that you see your physician for a complete examination and possibly an antibiotic.

I thank you again for your query. I hope you have found my answer to be both helpful and informative. If you have additional followups related to this concern, I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Subieta
Follow-up: What ointment must be used to treat penis warts ? 7 hours later
Thanks dr. I did some googling to compare picture and it looks to be a wart rather than a pimple. Would I follow same as before or is there something else I should do ? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Gunar Subieta 13 hours later
Hello again and thank you for your follow up.

If the lesion looks like a wart, you do not want to cut the area given that this will spread the infection.
You may use topical salicilic acid or silver nitrate applied superficially to the area although given that the area is very sensitive this may be painful.
Another option is to have a local physician freeze it with liquid nitrogen, but again all of this measures may hurt.
Finally, if the lesion is not growing a third option is to leave it alone.

Dr. Subieta